Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Spinach Kale Soup (vegan)

I love greens and I am constantly looking for recipes. When my mom was here for the birth of my daughter,  she cooked for me a delicious spinach soup. I didn't take the recipe but I approximately knew the ingredients but decided to do some modifications to suit my son's taste. I am not a vegan but there are so many awesome vegan recipes that can compliment a meal with meat or just to satisfy hunger by eating it by itself. My son loved the soup and had 4 refills !!!!
This soup does not contain animal products , it's gluten/grain free. I used frozen spinach but you can use fresh as well, you just need to double the amount. 

Ingredients:


2 cups frozen cut spinach (or 4 cups fresh) 
4 medium sized chopped kale leaves (just the leaves, nor the stems) 
1 carrot finely chopped 
1 onion finely chopped 
1 celery stalk finely chopped 
4 garlic cloves chopped finely 
1 qt. water (approx. 1 l. ) 
1 can coconut milk 
1 Tbsp. Yellow split pea flour 
1 Tbsp.paprika powder
1 Tbsp. Garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
sea salt and pepper to taste. 
parsley (optional) 

Bring water to boil. Add carrots, celery, and onions and cook for 15-20 min. Add spinach . In a bowl mix well split pea flour and coconut milk and add to soup. Let it cook for another 10 min. Add kale, garlic powder , paprika powder, salt and pepper and let it simmer for 2 min. Remove and add lemon juice. Serve garnished with parsley. 




No comments:

Post a Comment