Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Gluten Free Crepes

My son, in general is a good eater. There are times though when he goes through faces and you can't quite please him unless he can indulge himself with bread. I don't like the idea of him eating carbs in excess. I know there are healthy carbs but at the end they turn into sugar and can create an emotional havoc in a person. 
The recipe I developed contains carbs, but the grains I use are also full proteins. Especially quinoa which contains all amino acids and it's considered a full protein. I also like to add a little almond meal for extra protein. The recipe is gluten free because I can't eat gluten and I like crepes a lot. Second, the grains I use have more nutrients than the whole wheat flour and how I mentioned , have a lot of proteins 

Serve with fruits, fruit spreads, ample syrup , honey, cheese etc. My son eats them plain and I like them with crumbled feta cheese.

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 can coconut milk 
2/3 cup quinoa flour 
1/3 cup garbanzo bean flour 
1 cup arrow root 
2 Tbsp. Almond meal 
1 Tsp. raw unfiltered honey (optional) 
2 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil 


Beat the eggs in a bowl with a whisk. Add coconut milk . Add flours, arrow root , almond meal, honey and mix well until  you have a homogeneous batter. If it's too thick you can add some more liquid and if you think it's too  runny add a spoon or two quinoa flour. 

In a skillet, melt coconut oil. Once when it melted return to a cup. With a dipper, spread batter evenly on the skillet. After few seconds to a minute flip the crepe and bake on the other site. Repeat the same procedure until there isn't any batter left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment