Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Aspen's Pecan Dip

A year ago a lady from my MOPS group brought this dip . In my opinion it's paleo legal but not AIP since it contains nightshade vegetable . Since I can't tolerate dairy so: no cheese, no yoghurt or cheesy spreads I thought that this dip can be used as a spread as well. I somehow lost the recipe so I had to improvise with what I remember but at the end turned out almost as good as hers.






Ingredients :

1 cup pecans
4 red roasted and peeled red peppers
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
1-2 Tsp lemon juice
Sea salt to taste .


Soak pecans in water overnight . On the next day drain and rinse . Put in a blender and puree with olive oil  until smooth. Add peppers, garlic, lemon juice and salt and blend until it becomes a very smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for an hour or so. It can be served with veggies as deep or use as a spread .

No comments:

Post a Comment