Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Paleo Mini - Pancakes

Since I went on a Paleo diet I've been trying different recipes for baked goods. I experimented with flowers to find the perfect combination for grain-free pancakes which my kids actually will eat. I made some with sweet potatoes but they didn't like them . So  finally this one worked and is suitable for high altitude. 
I call this recipe Mini Pancakes because my kids want me to make them tiny. But you can make them any size you like. 
You will need a non-stick skillet or a non-stick smooth griddle. I used some homemade ghee but you can use any type of oil you prefer. 
As a reminder I cook only with organic ingredients 
So , here is the recipe 
Ingredients
3 large eggs 
2 cups of water 
1 cup almond flower
1/2 cup &2 Tbsp. coconut flower 
1/2 cup tapioca starch 
1 Tsp. aluminum free baking powder 
1 Tbsp. raw honey 
1 Tsp. sea salt. 
1 Tsp. vanilla extract 
some ghee or coconut oil


Combine in a bowl all dry ingredients : almond flower, coconut flower , tapioca starch, baking powder and see salt. Mix thoroughly. In a different bowl beat eggs with water, honey and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir until homogeneous. The thickness should be the same as when you make pancakes with a regular flower. 
Preheat a griddle or a non-stick skillet , add some ghee or coconut oil and poor the desired amount to form a pancake. After a couple of minutes flip over and fry until done. 
Serve either with maple syrup or jelly . I like coconut syrup because it's low- glycemic. It's all up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment