Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Curry Chicken

I love Curry! When I cook with Curry I always think that it can't be too much Curry! 
This is what I prepared for dinner last night. I just didn't make enough but who would think that my 14 months old son will love it . I had other stuff for him but when he saw us eating this meal he wanted too. I reluctantly gave him a piece since it's spicy and oh my, he loved it and wanted more. Apparently the theory that your child will like the foods mom ate during pregnancy and nursing , is true! However I strongly recommend to taste it first before you offer it to your child! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. This recipe yields 2 servings.

Lets start. What you first need to do is marinate the chicken. 

Here is the list for all the ingredients you need to marinate the chicken.

2 Chicken breasts cut in chunks like for Stir Fry 
1/2 cup white wine
1 Tbsp. Curry
1 Tsp. Lemon Peel
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Tamari 
The juice of a lime

Other ingredients 

1 onion chopped finely 
1 apple shredded
2 cups water
1 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp. coconut butter
2 Tbsp. Curry 
1 Tbsp. Celery Salt


Marinate the chicken for an hour in the refrigerator.  In a skillet melt the coconut butter. Take the chicken out and fry it for 2-3 min on each side. But don't put the marinade , save it for later. Remove chicken and in the same skillet with the same oil stir in the onion and apple. Saute until golden. Add curry and saute for another minute. Add water, coconut milk, marinade, chicken and celery salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 30-40 min until sauce thickens. Serve with any kind of rice. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment