Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chicken And Stuff

You would probably think that the name of this recipe is strange but I never had a name for this particular one. So I asked my husband how would he call this one he said :" Oh, Chicken and stuff, I don't know" . So I thought , ok,  it's gonna be Chicken and stuff .
This is a meal I like to prepare whenever I have to make something quick for dinner. If you don't feel like chicken , you can use turkey breast.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.


Ingredients 

2 Chicken  Breasts cut in chunks like for stir fry
4 Green onions  cleaned and chopped
1 Green Bell pepper chopped
1 Red Bell pepper chopped
1 Yellow Bell pepper chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 medium potatoes peeled  cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1/2 cup Parsley
4 Garlic cloves
1 Tbsp. Oregano
1 Tbsp. Thyme
1 Tsp. Lemon Peel
Sea salt to taste


In pot put a little olive oil and a 1/2 cup water. Add chicken , cover and let it cook. Meanwhile, in a different pot add some coconut oil and fry the potatoes. You may need to do that in portions. Set aside.
Go back to the chicken and check if the water evaporated , if so , add peppers, mushrooms, onions and garlic. Let it cook for 20 min while you stir occasionally. The peppers should be soft but still crispy. Remove from heat and add oregano, thyme, lemon peel and salt. Mix well and combine with potatoes in a bowl.


No comments:

Post a Comment