Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Different Meatloaf

Many people don't like meatloaf and I don't blame them since one of the main ingredients is ketchup!!! I decided to experiment a little and came with this recipe. It works with ground turkey, ground chicken, ground beef. I'll make it today with ground beef because my hubby doesn't like it so much when I use birds :))) and my son prefers beef too. We gotta keep the boys happy!

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
a handful fine chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
1 big carrot
1 cup fresh fine chopped mushrooms ( I like the shitake but you can use any kind you like)
1 onion
1 egg
1 Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. Organic Tamari ( I prefer the gluten free)
2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tsp. Oregano
1 Tbsp. Thyme
1/2 Tsp. Ground Rosemary
Sea Salt

Mix all ingredients together, spray the loaf pan with Pam and put the meatloaf in the pan. Bake at 400F until done. You can serve it with a side of Garlic Potatoes and broccoli.


No comments:

Post a Comment