Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Avocado Salad Dressing (vegan)

I often hear "What is wrong with you ?!" when I mention that I don't like Ranch or Cesar  dressing  :)
Nothing is wrong with me! I just grew up with lemon juice, vinegar and oil. After almost 35 years a love affair with my beloved olive oil and vinegar , a couple of months ago I finally got tired of the vinegar and oil and decided to try something new. It had to be raw, healthy and of course taste good.
That's how the avocado dressing was born! You can use it in lettuce salads , on grilled chicken or fish.
If you think it's too thick you can add a table spoon or two of cold water or some more lemon juice. If the salt is not enough you can add more.
The recipe is enough for two salad bowls and you can keep it fresh in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.

Ingredients :

1 ripe avocado
1/8 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp. sea salt
The juice of a lime
black pepper to taste


Peel avocado, remove pit and smash flesh. In a blender add mashed avocado, and the rest of the ingredients. Puree until smooth. Put in a clean glass jar and refrigerate for an hour before you serve it. Enough for 2 salad bowls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment