Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Vegan Grain Free Tacos

I've been feeling like going on vegetarian diet for a while. I just don't feel like eating meat other than fish . I came up with this recipe recently.  It doesn't really have the taste of taco meat but it's close enough and it's yummy.
I usually make my own Taco seasoning because I don't like all additives they put in the one you can buy at the store. Of course you can use store bought taco seasoning if you would like. Also for the shells best is to use Romaine lettuce. For the tacos you see in the picture I didn't use romaine lettuce because currently I have lots of lettuce in my garden and it doesn't make much sens to me to buy any.
In my last post I mentioned that I am really bad with proportion. I'll give you the list with all necessary ingredients for taco seasoning and you need to adjust it on your own or if you prefer, use the one from the store.
That day my husband made an awesome Picco de Gallo and I topped my tacos with it and some sliced avocado. Of course you always can add cheese and refried beans if that's your wish. Hope you all like this dish.




Ingredients:

For Taco Seasoning:
Chili powder
Paprika powder
Gr. Cumin
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Oregano
Black pepper
Salt (optional)

For Tacos

1 large eggplant
1/4 cup olive oil
2 1/2 cups water
2-3 Tbsp. taco seasoning 
2-3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
lettuce leaves
picco de gallo  (optional)
sliced avocado (optional)

Cut eggplant in cubes . In a large pot add oil and water. Add eggplant and seasoning and cook until done and just oil is  left on the bottom of the pot.
Put some of the taco "meat" in lettuce leave add picco de gallo and top with sliced avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment