Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Carrot soup (vegan)

This is another vegan recipe which my daughter and my husband like a lot. I made the non vegan version a few months ago.  I made bacon bits and garnished it with it. But since I am on vegetarian diet that's how I made it for dinner today.
This soup is best with white pepper but I just discovered that I am out of it, so I used black pepper. It's not bad at all but I somehow like it with white pepper better. You also can garnish it with croutons and chopped up green onions or even add bacon bits if you are not on a restricted diet like me.
For more flavor I just washed the carrots thoroughly cut them in big chunks and did not peel them.  
The soup has slightly sweet and earthy taste that way. 


Ingredients

4 large carrots cut in big chunks
2 cups coconut milk
2 Tbsp. onion powder
2 Tsp. ground ginger
2 Tsp. ground white pepper
1 pinch nutmeg
salt to taste.

Put carrots in
pan and add water so that it covers carrots. Cook until they are soft but not mushy. Remove and poor everything in a blender. Puree until smooth. Put back in pan. Add coconut milk and onion powder. Bring to boil slowly and reduce heat to low . Simmer for 10 min on low heat. After 10 min remove from heat and add ginger, pepper, nutmeg and salt. Stir and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment