Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Kale Salad

I love this salad because it's fast, easy and rich in protein. We need protein to stabilize the blood sugar. I usually make it with kale but when I took the picture I didn't have enough and added 2 lettuce leaves. I don't have the exact proportions for this salad. To tell you the truth I don't use particular proportions when I cook. The only time I am paying attention at the measurements is when I write for this blog .
For this salad you can use any kind of dressing really. I prefer it with my avocado dressing because it adds more of the good fats and proteins. In addition the vit C in the lemon juice helps the body to absorb iron properly .
I also highly recommend to soak in cold water seeds and  nuts over night for proper digestion.


Ingredients:

Kale
1 cucumber sliced
green olives
1/3 cup soaked pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup soaked pecans
5-6 green onions
Avocado dressing
salt and pepper to taste

In a salad bowl tear all kale leaves. Chop pecans and green onions. Add to kale. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment