Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Coconut Almond Treats

This recipe is an absolute winner and I couldn't believe how much it resembles Raffaelo . The difference is that mine does not contain all the chemicals like Raffaelo does  and it's rolled in raw ground almonds instead of shredded coconut. It's very , very simple but tastes fantastic.
The measurements are sort of relative and you may end up adding more then what it is in the recipe.
I use Artisana Coconut butter but if you have time and desire you can make your own coconut butter. Here is a tutorial how to make your own. 
As a sweetener I used maple syrup this time. Make sure your food processor is working properly. Otherwise you'll have to use the regular mixer like I did. I think I damaged mine by trying to grind some grains to make flour . I know, stupid...:)


Ingredients :

1 cup coconut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup finely ground raw almonds


In a food processor add coconut butter and maple syrup . Pulse until smooth and homogenous. Start forming balls and roll them in the ground almonds . Refrigerate for an hour before serving. Best is to keep them refrigerated all the time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment