Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Salmon Kale Salad

I've realized that I haven't posted many sea food recipes and I absolutely love sea food. Unfortunately my husband does not like sea food and most of the fish out there. He just thinks that they are sea bugs and refuses even to try it. The only fish he is willing to eat is  cod, breaded and fried and it should not smell or taste like fish . I know, it's weird !!! For Valentine's day though he took me to a sea food restaurant where I got my favorite raw oysters ! Yay!
Today's recipe is a courtesy of my dear friend Barbara Rice who is a great cook and an excellent baker! She makes beautiful cakes that are not only very well decorated according to the occasion but they also taste fantastic. 
Anyway, Barbara and I were talking about sea food and she shared this recipe with me. I however changed it just a little because of my food preferences. She uses pine nuts but I am not very crazy about pine nuts and I had to substitute them with something else.  I thought that raw pumpkin seeds would blend perfect with all other ingredients. I also added some radishes, well,  just because lol ! It turned out very good and my son loved it! Oh, and one more thing. This salad contains dairy . If you are dairy free you can skip the cheese, not a big deal , although I think the cheese contributes to the entire flavor. Also  use wild caught salmon and organic veggies and cheese to avoid pesticides and GMOs . 

Ingredients: 

1/2 lb Wild caught Sockey Salmon 
3 Kale leaves 
2 Lettuce leaves
3-4 Radishes
3-4 Green Onions
1/4 cup Feta cheese (crumbled)
3 Tbsp. Italian Parsley
3 Tbsp (or more if you want) raw pumpkin seeds
Olive oil and lemon juice to taste .

 Bake salmon with desired spices. When done remove and let cool off. In the mean time wash veggies thoroughly. Tear kale and lettuce into pieces, slice radishes , green onions and chop parsley. Once salmon cooled off, just chop into pieces . Combine fish with kale, lettuce, radishes , onions and mix well. Add feta cheese, pumpkin seed , olive oil and lemon juice . Mix and serve ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment